|Fully automated tempering plant with two chamber furnaces, quench bath, conveyor system, and parking spots for four charge baskets|
This tempering plant is available for the tempering of T6 aluminum alloys with a quenching time of 10 seconds. All functional processes are fully automated. Both the solution annealing furnace and the artificial aging furnace are mounted on a platform and are designed as bogie hearth furnaces. After solution annealing, the conveyor unit positions itself in front of the furnace, the door opens, the bogie moves out, and the basket is automatically picked-up by the lift conveyor. The bogie moves back into the furnace and the load is quenched in the water bath underneath.
After the quenching process, the basket is lifted back out of the water bath, drips off, and is conveyed to the artificial aging furnace. After artificial aging, the lift conveyor transports the basket to a free parking spot.
The entire heat treatment, including all movements, is fully automated. The PLC controls handle all movement and locking processes. The plant automatically detects occupied parking spaces and furnaces and starts the programmed processes according to priority. Charge documentation takes place on an ongoing basis, that it, the loaded basket is documented from its process start in the parking space until removal after the end of the process.
- Plant Design
- Bogie hearth furnace W 2780/60 AS for solution annealing, Tmax 600 °C, volume 2780 liters
- Bogie hearth furnace W 2780/26 AS for artificial aging, Tmax 260 °C, volume 2780 liters
- Water bath with powerful circulation and heating, along with control of the water temperature
- Linear lift conveyor for all movement processes
- PLC controls with Nabertherm Control Center (NCC) for temperature regulation, control of all movements, and parallel batch documentation
- 5 parking spots with automatic occupancy detection, loading with forklift
- Safety fence around the entire plant